Download free computerized mp3 audio file of this column
(To subscribe to my columns at no cost, click here.)
The ever-consistent champion for peace, Ron Paul, is in his usual fine form in his recent column The Ukraine War Is A Racket.
“War is a racket, wrote US Maj. General Smedley Butler in 1935. He explained: “A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small ‘inside’ group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes.”
Gen. Butler’s observation describes the US/NATO response to the Ukraine war perfectly.
The propaganda continues to portray the war in Ukraine as that of an unprovoked Goliath out to decimate an innocent David unless we in the US and NATO contribute massive amounts of military equipment to Ukraine to defeat Russia. As is always the case with propaganda, this version of events is manipulated to bring an emotional response to the benefit of special interests.
One group of special interests profiting massively on the war is the US military-industrial complex. Raytheon CEO Greg Hayes recently told a meeting of shareholders that, “Everything that‘s being shipped into Ukraine today, of course, is coming out of stockpiles, either at DOD or from our NATO allies, and that’s all great news. Eventually we’ll have to replenish it and we will see a benefit to the business.”
He wasn’t lying. Raytheon, along with Lockheed Martin and countless other weapons manufacturers are enjoying a windfall they have not seen in years. The US has committed more than three billion dollars in military aid to Ukraine. They call it aid, but it is actually corporate welfare: Washington sending billions to arms manufacturers for weapons sent overseas.
By many accounts these shipments of weapons like the Javelin anti-tank missile (jointly manufactured by Raytheon and Lockheed Martin) are getting blown up as soon as they arrive in Ukraine. This doesn’t bother Raytheon at all. The more weapons blown up by Russia in Ukraine, the more new orders come from the Pentagon.
Former Warsaw Pact countries now members of NATO are in on the scam as well. They’ve discovered how to dispose of their 30-year-old Soviet-made weapons and receive modern replacements from the US and other western NATO countries.
While many who sympathize with Ukraine are cheering, this multi-billion dollar weapons package will make little difference. As former US Marine intelligence officer Scott Ritter said on the Ron Paul Liberty Report last week, “I can say with absolute certainty that even if this aid makes it to the battlefield, it will have zero impact on the battle. And Joe Biden knows it.”
What we do see is that Russians are capturing modern US and NATO weapons by the ton and even using them to kill more Ukrainians. What irony. Also, what kinds of opportunities will be provided to terrorists, with thousands of tons of deadly high-tech weapons floating around Europe? Washington has admitted that it has no way of tracking the weapons it is sending to Ukraine and no way to keep them out of the hands of the bad guys.
War is a racket, to be sure. The US has been meddling in Ukraine since the end of the Cold War, going so far as overthrowing the government in 2014 and planting the seeds of the war we are witnessing today. The only way out of a hole is to stop digging. Don’t expect that any time soon. War is too profitable.
Amen and Amen!
Zerohedge.com quotes GLOBAL INTEL HUB’s outstanding analysis of the sinister economic plans at work involving the Ukraine conflict.
1. Safe Haven Default – The US Fed seized $800 Bn + in Russian and affiliated assets. If you are an investor not from the United States, you are going to think twice about keeping your funds in ‘safe’ USA. There are tons of alternatives such as Singapore, Switzerland, Dubai, Cayman Islands, to name a few. To say it differently, the ‘flight to safety’ is no longer ‘buy Dollars’ – it doesn’t matter what is going to replace the USD, it’s important that it’s being replaced.
2. Petro Dollar Default – By sanctioning the world’s largest oil producer, Russia demanded payments for Oil in Rubles, making the new global go to Currency for Oil – Rubles. In parallel, Russia pegged the Ruble to Gold, making the Ruble backed by Oil and Gold. Most BRICs either followed suit or agreed to trade Oil in Yuan or Rubles. The Biden administration’s blocking US Oil production was not helpful, nor was the signaling by US leaders they will fight inflation with more inflation. China agreed to settle Oil in Rubles or Yuan for its thirsty manufacturing base, setting a strong non-USD precedent.
3. SWIFT shift to SPFS-CIPS – The Russian ban on SWIFT forced those banned to seek alternatives. Both Russia and China had SWIFT alternatives that they’ve been developing for many years such as the CIPS system  and Singapore based Nium .
4. Shift to Yuan – Before the events surrounding the Russia-Ukraine conflict, China was perceived as a toxic house of cards. That has drastically changed with Billions flooding into the Yuan not only from Russia but from partners of Russia who will happily settle their transactions in Yuan, and see China as a less aggressive, more understanding Superpower (as China is on the receiving end of US Hegemony).
5. Abandoned World Reserve Status – During crisis, the Fed supplies Dollars as needed via swap agreements and the US Government supplies aid through various NGOs and DC controlled entities like the IMF, World Bank, etc. The actions against Russia are unprecedented. While the US has played global military superpower, it has always kept funds of the enemy safe in US hands whether the enemy was Adolf Hitler or Saddam Hussein. In fact, the Federal Reserve Bank even melted Nazi gold and rebranded it – talk about white glove service. It kept the war going, not to mention the billions in funding provided by US bankers to fund the other side (the Nazis) often times directly to Hitler himself. 
6. Hypersonics – The US Dollar is not ‘backed by nothing’ as many claim, it’s actually backed by bombs – or in other words, US Military Superiority. The Navy protects trade routes, Space Force protects communications, etc. Russia used a Hypersonic missile to take out a secret NATO base inside Ukraine . The message sent to the West was obvious- Hypersonic missiles have no defense or warning, and because they are so fast you don’t even need to arm them (with nukes for example). While the US is not officially involved in the war (although many Americans have been seen fighting the Russians in Ukraine) this is a victory for the kinetic war by Russia. Using Hypersonic weapons Russia could take out the US Navy, military bases, in a relatively short time period. Of course, the US can respond by ‘making Moscow glass’ but that’s not the point. War is a chess game, and US Military Superiority has made the US Dollar reign supreme since the British handed the torch to the Americans generations ago. US Foreign Policy is 80% Hubris and 20% Technological Superiority – that Superiority that’s left is in Space. The one place the US has a massive advantage over both Russia and China is Space. Anyhow, the context here is the fate of the US Dollar world reserve currency.
7. BRICS / OPEC seeking alternatives – Now that many are forced to convert to Ruble or Yuan to buy Oil, many are seeking alternative payment networks. This is not a one way street – Russia imposed capital controls and Russian nationals took about 30 days to setup companies in Kazakhstan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, and other places circumventing the rules. This further flooded alternative centers to capital (other than NY/London) and these places are literally flooded with new business.
8. US Net Importer – Since 80% of goods are manufactured in China et al, US economic actors need to pay for the same materials with their hyperinflated dollars. In other words, the value of the US Dollar decreasing in value can be seen at the pump and at the grocery store.
Why destroy your own currency? Profits!
We should all ask ourselves why would [Western] policy makers want to ruin their own currency. There’s no short answer to this but in one word it’s: Profit. This is the Economic Hit Man / Soros model being applied on the country that created it. The Dulles Brothers, Kermit Roosevelt, and William Stephenson (Intrepid) created an economic model of Imperialism mixed with Merchant Capitalism (Gunboat Monopoly) right as the Brits passed the torch to the Muricans. The Yanks get the credit but we all know who is still pulling the strings from London – the same group that controls the Gold market and half of the world’s finances.
The model is quite simple. First you fund activism and back a controversial political candidate like Zelensky (An actor is the most suitable because that’s what this role needs). His views and policies are irrelevant, he only has one job to do and you have greased him up enough with Miami apartments and drugs and women (or boys, to taste) enough that he is literally your puppet. One phone call and the photos of him being naughty are all over the times. He doesn’t care about that though, he’s being paid tens of millions to do one simple thing: Accept the 20% interest loan from the IMF. There is no possible way to pay it off. When the default happens, the country will ultimately give up its most precious materials whatever they may be.
The US is of course a little more complicated because most of these loans and programs originate in the US – but the model is the same. It always involves a currency devaluation, civil unrest, and a sometimes bloody ‘revolution’ which is more like a hit job. Biden is for sale, and so is the United States, and their plan is to break up America into little bits and sell it off to the highest bidder (it’s more valuable that way).
Also don’t forget that inflation is good for the rich and bad for the poor. In other words, this is a war on the haves against the have nots. Look how the portfolios of the ultra high net worth class ballooned during COVID, while the middle and lower classes suffered.
We must remember that the Fed can create US Dollars as much as it wants, the system works by empowering the member banks who own the Fed. War is always preceded by, or followed by a massive Currency devaluation. 25% is a huge move for the formerly known as Global Reserve Currency. If you think that number isn’t accurate, check your receipt at the gas pump, grocery store, or Lowes buying wood. Everything is going up, and it’s not only because of Oil. Here are some more technical factors going on, such as waning demand for US Treasuries.
Now read this last paragraph very carefully:
During the next 6 months we will certainly see further deterioration of the value of the US Dollar, but it is uncertain how the populace will react. Although Elites would like us to believe that the future is determined by them, it is not. When polls are displayed in the media they are doing it to change public opinion. Studies show that if you show studies with a certain bias or by studying the wrong things, it will affect the mass consciousness. How people, businesses, and other economic actors react to food shortages, product shortages, or a stock market crash will thus determine what course the future will take. [Emphasis added]
Please read that last paragraph until it sinks deep into your soul.
The elites who are calling the shots (no pun intended) in the Ukraine War are using this conflict for their own financial benefit. That’s what they always do. This war is NOT about the survival of “democracy” in Europe or defending freedom—not in any shape, manner or form. The West’s involvement in this war is about MONEY for the War Profiteers, just as General Butler said back in 1935.
The analysis above perfectly describes how Western elites plan to use the Ukraine War to help destroy the U.S. dollar (which is sinking anyway) and engineer a new currency—digital, no doubt—which, as explained above, would devalue everyone’s bank accounts and virtually annihilate the middle class, making the billionaire class wealthier than anyone could even imagine.
Western leaders are NOT waging war on Russia (except they hate Putin for resisting the Money Changers in London, New York and Tel Aviv); they are waging war on the financial security and well-being of their own people—and that goes double for Biden and the United States.
But as that last paragraph quoted above stated,
Although Elites would like us to believe that the future is determined by them, it is not. How people, businesses, and other economic actors react to food shortages, product shortages, or a stock market crash will thus determine what course the future will take.
In other words, We the People will determine the ultimate outcome of this attack against our Liberty and prosperity. The elite’s plan will come to naught if We the People do not allow ourselves to be manipulated by them.
That requires that we reject the media’s perpetual propaganda regarding Ukraine and start demanding that the U.S. butt out of the conflict there (which would bring the conflict to an almost immediate end) and begin rectifying the runaway spending habits of the U.S. government—which is a presage of runaway inflation and eventual financial ruination for the American people—and return to sound money principles.
The criminals in DC are hoping that as inflation continues to escalate, as your income falls farther and farther behind the cost of living, as the stock market plunges, as food and other necessities become harder and harder to find that you will be so fixated on fighting a phony war in defense of the Ukrainian comedian who calls himself a president that you won’t notice that the Machiavellian miscreants who are running this Ponzi scheme are in the process of stripping you of both your liberties and your financial stability and are turning us into a feudal system where they are the masters and we are the serfs.
What the American people do in the next six months will likely determine their own future for the next six generations.
© Chuck Baldwin
*If you appreciate this column and want to help me distribute these editorial opinions to an ever-growing audience, donations may be made by credit card, check, or Money Order. Use this link:
Chuck Baldwin Live Donate Form
I also have many books and DVDs available for purchase online. Go here:
Chuck Baldwin Live Store
To subscribe to my weekly columns, click here:
Subscribe to Chuck's Column